- Each passenger train will carry 960 passengers.
- Each train will carry 4,000 gross tonnes.
- The trains will move at speeds of 100Kph and 120kph for freight and passengers respectively.
- The trains will be electric. Therefore no noise, more comfort and eco-friendly.
- Time from Mombasa to Kampala will be 1 day
- The cost will be reduced by two thirds to USD 1500 per container
12. What are some of the design and operation features that make the SGR different/unique?
CONNECT WITH US
Standard Gauge Railway Uganda
Developing the Tororo-Kampala (Eastern) and Tororo -Amuru-Packwach (Northern) routes